Thursday, 14 October 2010

Super Berry!

Hi everyone! I have good and bad news.
The bad news is, due to quality issues, I won't be releasing Strawberry Space Rangers until later in the year. I am not happy with the blacks my current printer is giving me and I am still in the process of finding another supplier. I would rather delay the release of this print and be able to guarantee you a true black, than release a product I'm not happy with. So, for that reason, SSR will be delayed until late November/December. Please understand that these issues are out of my hands and I will release this print ASAP, however, I refuse to sell an inferior product.
Thank you :)

So the good news you ask? The good news is I have decided to pull forward the release of another print Super Berry! This print is bringing pop-art to lolita! Strawberry Skies' own little interpretation of the Souper dress by the Campbell's Soup company. For those of you who haven't heard of the Souper dress, it is the product of a very clever 60s advertising campaign inspired by Andy Warhol's Soup Cans.



One of these dresses could be acquired by collecting the labels from Campbell's Soup cans and sending them back to the company. A great investment when you consider what they're worth now!

So! What does this have to do with anything? Well, Strawberry Skies has taken the same idea of the label and thrown in our unique lolita touch to produce Super Berry (or Souper Berry as I like to call it).

Here's a sneak peek at the print file:





There will be three colourways, Raspberry, Blackberry and Blueberry (not pictured).
Photo shoot and dress designs coming later this week! Stay tuned :)

2 comments:

  1. this is fucking cool. love love this idea.

    can you please make me something in this fabric (blackberry or blueberry) ?? i will pay you, i just don't want a whole dress ... maybe a skirt ? or blouse ?

    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I have a shopping bag or something please? There, that's Xmas done.... Oh, and I really want some thing made out of SSR too. It's my all time favourite. xxxx

    ReplyDelete