Lately I'm loving all things fluffy and furry and I saw the CUTEST bag on Dollskill (link if you'd rather buy than sew!) so I decided to make my own, but with a little twist! I really love the idea of the window, but thought how much cuter it would be with glitter and beads floating in there! Check out how to make your own below~
Please note - the original design of this bag is by panache-goods.blogspot.com.au ! Strawberry Skies claims no ownership of this design and gives all credit to the original designer!
What you'll need:
1. Base fabric (45 x 110cm or 18 x 43 inches)
2. Clear vinyl (approx. 20 x 40cm or 8 x 16 inches)
3. Drawstring (360cm or 142 inches)
4. Webbing strap (20cm or 8 inches)
5. Whatever you would like to put in your window (beads, glitter, etc.)
Step 1. Cut out two hearts from your vinyl. Your hearts should fit approximately in a 20 x 20cm square (8 x 8 inches).
Step 2. Sew the two hears together, leaving a small opening at the top
3. The fun part! Fill your heart with cute items like beads, glitter and ornaments! I used a glittery key that was a Christmas decoration and a heap of crystal beads.
4. Once you're done filling, sew the opening closed.
5. Take your base fabric (you should have a rectangle cut 45 x 110cm or 18 x 43 inches) and fold it in half. Mark the halfway point and unfold. Now take your heart and position it where you would like your window. I wanted mine towards the bottom in the centre so I used the halfway/centre line to make sure it was in the right spot! Once you have the heart positioned, mark out a line around it.
6. Now measure another line approx. 1.5cm or half an inch inside that line. Cut out the marked area from the centre.
7. Pin down your heart window to the base fabric and sew around the edges.
8. Now that your window is sewn in place, fold your base fabric in half, right sides together. Cut two 10cm (4 inches) pieces of webbing strap and fold them in half to make a loop. Pin the pieces at either side of the base of your bag, between the two right sides of your base fabric. Now sew the two side seams of your bag leaving about 8cm (3 inches) at the top of the side open.
9. Now, leaving a 3cm gap, sew the top of the side seams closed.
10. Fold over about 4cm (1.5 inches) at the top of the bag, pin and sew down.
11. Cut your 360cm (142 inches) drawstring into two 180cm pieces. Attach a safety pin to the end of the piece so you don't loose it while threading.
12. Thread the first half of the string through the passage (using the hole left in the top of the side seam) and back around and out though the hole on the same side. Now, repeat this step with the second drawstring on the other side.
13. Thread one end through your webbing loop at the base of the bag and tie it off.
And you're done! You should now have your very own window backpack!
*.⋆( ˘̴͈́ ॢ꒵ॢ ˘̴͈̀ )⋆.*
Let me know if you liked this tutorial or used it yourself!